For small maintenance jobs we charge by the hour.
For larger jobs a site visit may be necessary and a quotation will be provided.
All prices are exclusive of VAT and materials.
There are no hidden charges. We believe the best policy is transparency. We don’t wish to give you a bill higher than you expect. For example, our rates are inclusive of expenses such as fuel and parking costs. We mark up the cost of materials that we provide by 20% to cover the time and fuel spent buying the materials. If during the job we discover additional work is required, we will consult with you and agree any additional costs before proceeding.
There is a minimum one hour charge for any job. This is to cover the time spent navigating London’s busy roads in order to make the appointment. Simple jobs, such as replacing a broken light switch, may take less time than one hour. If this is the case, in order to give you value for money we encourage you to think about anything else that may need doing so that the engineer is on site for the whole hour. We wish to demonstrate our high level of service, not run out the door as soon as the job is done. From our initial discussion, we will normally provide you with an estimate for the work to be done. It may become apparent that a site visit is necessary, following which a quotation will be provided.
We charge the following rates (exclusive of VAT and materials) for a principal engineer: Please read this section fully including the notes below to ensure you understand our charging policy.
£75/£85* first hour (£50 p/h thereafter) charged at 15 minute intervals (minimum 1 hour)
8am – 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
*(within congestion zone)
£95 first hour (£70 p/h thereafter) charged at 15-minute intervals (minimum 1 hour)
6am – 8am and 5pm – 9pm Monday to Friday, bank holidays and weekends
£325 per day charged at half-day intervals (minimum 1 day)
Mondays to Fridays only
For small maintenance jobs on domestic premises we request payment within seven days of invoicing following completion of the work. For larger jobs where a quotation has been provided then we request payment in full in 30 days after completion of work.
We accept the following methods of payment, paid directly to the engineer.
Cheque – made payable to SCV Electrical Limited
Cash – paid directly to the engineer
BACS – Electronic Payment directly from your account.
Credit/Debit Card – not at present. We are considering it.
We are developing a capability to design and install custom-made lighting to a contemporary industrial design. See our photo gallery for some examples of the lighting we have made.
- The Day rate will apply for jobs in standard rate hours which take more than 6 hours in total.
- Any work outside standard rate hours will be charged at the Overtime rate.
- We do not operate between the hours of 9pm and 6am.
- If a trainee engineer is present with the principal engineer, he will be charged only for hours after the first hour (first hour free). The trainee rate will depend on his or her experience. This will not increase your costs as the work will be completed in a shorter time by two engineers.
- We keep a supply of all standard materials in our vans. If we need to visit a wholesaler to provide non-standard items requested by the customer (for example, chrome accessories), then the time taken will be charged at the standard or day rate, whichever is applicable.